Fix QuickBooks Error H202
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
It is normal that when you are using QuickBooks then encounter an issue and which can disturb your work. Generally, people face some company file related issues like QuickBooks Error H202, QuickBooks Error H505, and others. So, the QuickBooks users get clueless that what they should do now.
QuickBooks error code H202 states that the QB user fails to open a company file located on another computer.
Why QuickBooks error H202 arise?
1. When QB is incapable to contact company file, situated in another computer.
2. User tries to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
You might get this error in QuickBooks due to the following causes:
- When a user uses QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- The Network Data (.ND) file is damaged or corrupt
- Incorrect QuickBooks settings
- QuickBooks is not able to connect to the computer or device where the file is located
- Firewall settings are blocking the connection
- QB user fails to open a company file located on another computer
Now, you better understand why yours occurring QuickBooks Error H202, it is the issue that generally people do not want to avoid.
Now we will discuss solutions part of QuickBooks Error H202, because as we know that you are not able to resolve this issue, so QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number is the best solutions for them.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H202?
Your system can go through with the following symptoms like-
1. User is unable to switch to multiple-user mode.
2. Unable to open a company file located on another computer.
3. QuickBooks software may slow down.
4. A computer may become sluggish.
You can fix Quickbooks error code h202 by following ways:-
- Ping the server
- Use QB File Doctor
- Configure settings of the firewall
- Install and run QB Database Server Manager
- Verify QuickBooks services
Solution 1 – Ping the server
- Open Run window getting the QuickBooks error H202.
- Use CMD in the text field and click on Ok.
- Now, ping to your server.
- You have to type ping_[servername] and then press Enter key. Note, brackets used around the name of server should not be used while actually performing this step.
- When you get a slow reply, or if a loss of a packet is detected, it implies that there is some problem with the network and it needed to be repaired.
Solution 2 – Use QB File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a powerful and reliable tool offering best assistance service. The developer of QuickBooks accounting software. Quickbooks File Doctor can diagnose and troubleshoot all kinds of QB errors including QuickBooks error H202.
As we have mentioned that this error takes place when Firewall setting has blocked the connection, incorrect QB Setting, unable to Connect with the device where the company file is located or corrupt network data.
Solution 3 – Configure settings of the firewall
A firewall setting might be another reason which is blocking data exchange between QuickBooks and server. Therefore Follow the steps to configure firewall settings on the server so that the communication between QB and server can be established –
- Create exceptions in the firewall.
- Make changes to permissions in firewall and after that open QB on all of the workstations.
- Switch to multi-user mode under the File menu.
Solution 4 – Install and run QB Database Server Manager
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on it.
- Type the word database.
- Now from the list of results, click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select folder storing company files, user can also Browse the files or folder.
- Choose that folder.
- QBDBSM repairs Firewall permissions automatically.
- Till scan finish its work and after that click on the Close button.
- On each of workstation, an error appears, you have to open QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the File menu and click on it.
- Switch to multi-user mode and click it.
- When you are able to use multi-user mode, you have successfully troubleshot QuickBooks H202 error.
Solution 5 – Verify your QuickBooks services
If in case, the server is running a full version of QB, follow steps given below start multi-user hosting mode:
- Go to File and select Utilities.
- Find Host multi-user access and select it.
To verify the working status of QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService on the server, follow given below steps –
- Open running window.
- Put services.msc in the field and then click on Ok.
- Now opt QuickBooks Database from the list.
- Check if it is Automatic, if yes then fine, if not then do it.
- Now, check for Service status.
- Check whether it is running or it has been started or not.
- Make it running, if it is not.
- Choose the Recovery tab and select it.
- Check drop-down menus for first, second and other subsequent failures and select Restart service option.
- After that Apply it and click ok.
Now, just follow the above all mentioned steps for QBCFMonitorService.
By applying the give solutions, you can easily fix QuickBooks error H202. But, still you are unable to apply any of the above-given solutions, or the QuickBooks error code H202 does not resolved, call us now at our toll-free number to get instant troubleshooting.
Or you need to check some simple but effective steps which will be beneficial for your QB. Check your system’s security and internet connection once, because as you know this is so important for you.
You can also use QuickBooks File Doctor because QuickBooks file Doctor Tool has designed to fix QuickBooks Company File or QuickBooks Networking related issues. QB File Doctor is an official tool of QuickBooks, so you download QuickBooks File Doctor from the official website of Intuit.
Though this is one of the most facing issues, and the important thing is you can easily get QuickBooks Customer Support for this issue, Our QuickBooks Customer Support team will suggest some better solutions, which will surely fix your issues.
We also provide a solution for those who have issues like QuickBooks has stopped working, QuickBooks company file and many other.
Note: Remember, we are a certified and genuine service provider for QuickBooks issues, just make a toll free call at QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number so you should not worry about your privacy and data related to your client and company. Get instant QuickBooks help and work free mind.